After spending a week in Japan this month I came back convinced that Captain Rainbow’s retail success was doomed. And if the first weekend sales, below, are anything to go by then I’m probably right.
* Afrika (PS3, Sony) – 20,000
* Fate/Tiger Colosseum (PSP, Capcom) – 20,000
* Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3, EA) – 11,000
* Too Human (360, Microsoft) – 6,500
* Captain Rainbow (Wii, Nintendo) – 4,300
* Clannad (PSP, Prototype) – 3,800
Now call me a snob but I think it’s a pretty sad day when a game like Afrika outsells something like Captain Rainbow by nearly 5 times.
Things aren’t looking good for the game. And with early reports indicating that we’ll never see an English translation, I don’t see things getting any better. Poor skip.